IFMR INVESTMENT MANAGERS RATED AMC QUALITY 2 (AMC2)
IFMR Investment Managers Private Limited has been assigned a Fund Management Quality Rating of ‘AMC2’ from ICRA. According to ICRA, Asset Managers rated ‘AMC2’ are adjudged to provide high assurance on management quality. For arriving at the rating ICRA has considered the IFMR Group expertise as well as the combined strength of IFMR Investment Managers and IFMR Investment Adviser Services Private Limited (IFMR Investment Adviser) and these two entities together comprise ‘IFMR Investments’.
It is notable that IFMR Investment Managers was able to achieve an ‘AMC2’ rating within just 2 years of existence, and even before the launch of its first fund.
KEY STRENGTHS FACTORED IN THE AMC2 RATING
According to ICRA’s Rating Rationale, the following factors have been considered in the rating:
- Strong parentage of IIMPL; being part of the IFMR Holdings Group, provides comfort on the overall internal controls, risk management systems and timely capital support.
- Transfer of IFMR Investment Managers’ ownership to IFMR Capital expected to improve management & operational synergies and augment overall IIMPL’s financial flexibility
- Established client and investor relationships of the Group
- Established communication platform with investors
- Access to the group’s operational and managerial resources and entity’s experienced core management team mitigate the expected portfolio concentration of the IFMR FImpact Investment Fund and the limited track record of the the Investment Manager
- Internal compliance system commensurate with the near term envisioned scale of business
- Adequacy of systems and investment processes put in place for the current level of operations
- An experienced senior management team in the microfinance sector
Please click here to read the latest Rating Rationale dated October 16, 2015.